There’re six qualities of a killer CV.
1. It looks unique and tailored—never canned or circular type.
2. It reads like a strategic proposal instead of ‘yesterday’s news’.
3. It differentiates you from other similarly qualified candidates.
4. It has an unbeatable, well-articulated value proposition.
5. It’s focused on the needs of employers and the current market.
6. It shows why hiring you is a clear and logical choice.
Employers use your CV as a negative screening device. They’re looking for any excuse to disqualify you. It’s a general consumer behavior to reject the product and consumer just needs an excuse to ‘walk away’. As a seller, your job is to maintain retentive interest.