For the last 5 years, I have been emphasizing time and again that your CV/Resume is not a circular. It is a customized and tailored document. It ‘sells’ you in your absence. It is your ambassador. It should be meticulous and flawless. Its like your marketing brochure.
Being recruiter and headhunter, I sensed that there is a strong need to help craft the job seekers a CV that increases their chances of interview. I have written a full chapter on CV in my book The Craft of Selling “YOURSELF”. Keeping in mind the need of job seekers and job switchers, we have launched service of professional CV writing. There are 5.5 habits and traits of “CV.That.Sells”.
1. The “CV.That.Sells” never starts with career objectives like “Seeking a career in a dynamic organization…..etc”. No brochure starts with such language “The purpose of our company is to sell our products to dynamic organizations.” “CV.That.Sells” is customer-centric and not job-seeker-centric.
2. “CV.That.Sells” is not a clone or copy of thy neighbor’s CV. It is as YouNique as you are. It is your CV, so it has got be unique. It is not a masterpiece of copy/paste.
3. “CV.That.Sells” highlights your USPs (Unique Selling Propositions). Employers are looking for people who can solve their problems. They are not employment bureaus. Merchandise what you can do rather what you want.
4. “CV.That.Sells” focuses on content rather than template. Content writing is a serious business. If your competency is not for content writing, outsource it to professionals.
5. “CV.That.Sells” is flawless. It is articulate. It is grammatically correct and without any typo errors. CVs that have typo errors are ideal candidates for recycle bins.
5.5 “CV.That.Sells” contains ‘selling’ words/phrases that appeal to recruiters.
We have a team of content writers who work on CVs under my guidance. To get details of packages of “CV.That.Sells”, please send your CV at GCV@ashrafchaudhry.com.
Get connected with Ashraf Chaudhry on social networking sites for regular job alerts by clicking at http://xeeme.com/AshrafChaudhry
Zara Sochiye video by Geo TV Networks on Ashraf Chaudhry has inspired millions of people around the world. Did you watch it?